As the capital shudders in the wake of two terrorist attacks, specialist protection officer PS David Budd is more under pressure than ever to keep the home secretary Julia Montague safe. The threat to her life does nothing to curb Julia's political ambitions, as her counterterrorism bill takes another step towards being made law, provoking political rivalries.
With the police marginalised from the investigation into the attacks in favour of the security service, David is caught between his new-found loyalty to Julia and his superiors' demands for intelligence on her activities.
The details of what happened in this episode...
- David Budd - Richard Madden
- Julia Montague - Keeley Hawes
- Anne Sampson - Gina McKee
- Vicky Budd - Sophie Rundle
- Mike Travis - Vincent Franklin
- Lorraine Craddock - Pippa Haywood
- Rob Macdonald - Paul Ready
- Roger Penhaligon - Nicholas Gleaves
- Stephen Hunter-Dunn - Stuart Bowman
- John Vosler - David Westhead
- Louise Rayburn - Nina Toussaint-White
- Deepak Sharma - Ash Tandon
- Tom Fenton - Richard Riddell
- Commissioner - Michael Mueller
- Richard Longcross - Michael Shaeffer
- SO15 Officer - Bailey Patrick
- Andy Apsted - Tom Brooke
- Kim Knowles - Claire-Louise Cordwell
- Tahir Mahmood - Shubham Saraf
- Shadow Home Secretary - Miriam Lucia
- Police Officer - Russ Bain
- College Dean - James Staddon
- Reporter - Gordon Corera
- Reporter - John Humphreys
- Reporter - Martha Kearney
- Reporter - Laura Kuenssberg
- Reporter - John Pienaar
- Reporter - Sophie Raworth
- Reporter - Nick Robinson
Some interesting things about this episode, or the making of this episode...